Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crimps, Cross Eyes and Bikes!

Lily has finally done it!!! She can now ride without trainer wheels! A huge triumph for my very cautious, sensible non risk taker. We are almost as proud of her as she is......the smile was permanent for quite some time! She has even gained the confidence to ride on the road with us. I must admit....I'm finding it hard to think about the fact that she will be eight this May. She has grown up right before my eyes.........much too quickly. And she keeps doing really clever things.....like explain to Paul and I that we have a cd stacker in the boot of the car! How funny is that? Us....her adult parents....did not take any notice of the black device in the boot of our car. It wasn't listed as a feature when we bought it...so for.....Oh......6 months...we drove around listening to the radio, until Lily took me by the hand one day and said..."Look Mum...it says it's a cd and stacker"! Bonus! Thanks Lily for pointing that out. Oh...children of today! So switched on........not anything like their parents! Ha Ha!!...........And take a look at Am...down there......
Check her out! Ammy was in disbelief! How could she eat an entire lolly pop? She had us all in fits of laughter with her crossed eyes. Did I mention that I found a huge chunk of blonde crimped hair under her bed......When I quizzed her about it...she was adamant that "No, I no cut my own's hair"! Then I found the scissors hidden in her bed...little ratbag...she has two major chunks missing from each side....at least she was symmetrical with her hacking...I guess! This is self hair cut number 3!

And...after what seemed like hours.......the mission was complete......hair was crimped and all the children were hap....hap...happy! (For some reason....Lily's pics were blurry....probably from all the hair flicking she was doing!)


I'm watching Jerry Maguire atm......I've probably seen this movie too many times too mention, and everytime I end up in tears! Happy tears! It's about the only movie I like Tom Cruise in!


3 comments:

susy said...

Lol, I have four boys and they have all at some time or another had a chop at their hair, think it must just be a right of passage for some kids. Love the layouts.
And thank you I am enjoying my new stool and hope you are enjoying your Mum time.
S

becspicer said...

Yay for Lily! Congratulations. There will be no stopping her now.

How is mummy time going?

Kathryn said...

Yay Lily!
Jerry Maguire...must get that one. I've seen it once and loved it.
See you Friday night at the chocolate party! They're heaps of fun, with taste testing included!