Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sports Day

Today our school held....or should I say attempted to hold it's annual sports day. And in typical Mount Gambier style, it rained all morning! But the competitive and very pumped up kidlets did not let the weather get the better of them, and so- soldiered on........and off between the showers....including their loyal and devoted........(and maybe crazy parents...me included). Above is Lil.......cleared the jump with her first try...little champ!
And....my little Tyne.....who I might add.....can run like the wind blows....(fast....like Port Mac Gale Style)! Most of these pics were taken in the rain. I was dripping...not really a good look for my short hair style...trust me!

By mid morning...this precisely placed and articulately applied GREEN hairspray was streaked over the kids faces....along with my face painting.....which ultimately ended up, smeared all over my clothes from huddling to keep warm. It was all worth it ....just for this...........


Tyne and her first place ribbon for her sprints (taken with a standard 300 mm zoom, no flash..in the rain), so, not a bad photo considering!



And Lily...who also won a first place ribbon for her dash. I will admit...I was a bit proud...and found myself cheering and screaming at the side lines for my little Banksia gals......their war cry went like this...just in case you need a visual of me chanting it...(or a nightmare?):
2, 4, 6, 8
Banksia can not wait
We are green
And mighty keen
2, 4, 6, 8
BANKSIA!!
So...due to the wet weather, we will be completing the other half of the sports day schedule on Tuesday when school resumes. Fingers crossed for the weather!
Well...that's about my life at the minute.....hope you all have a fab Easter Long Weekend. Back soon with some more interesting installments for you....like how to water bomb your Mum on a 40 degree day.....is that intriguing?
Uroo
Txx




No comments: